Sunday, September 28, 2008

St. Philomena

I have wished for a while that St. Philomena Catholic Church in Stonelick (Clermont County), Ohio had a website. Since I don't know how to create one of those and my wish wasn't coming true otherwise, I am starting a St. Philomena blog. Looking for a picture to post on this site, I found this great genealogical site about St. Philomena's cemetery: St. Philomena Cemetery, Clermont County.
I also learned that Stonelick's St. Philomena can be found on an Italian website devoted to St. Philomena: official website of St. Philomena.

Rose "Ellen" (nee Egan) Craver, 100, of Stonelick Township recently passed away. She was a retired school teacher from Owensville and CNE School Districts.

She is survived by children, Patrick (Carol) Craver, Michael (Shirley) Craver, Jerome (late Nancy) Craver and Mary Elizabeth (Lawrence) Sandfoss; grandchildren, Terrie (Pat) McGoron, Jeff (Kelley) Craver, Dan (Marietta) Craver, Jim (Melissa) Craver, Chuck (Brandy) Craver, Larry Craver, Kevin (Michelle) Craver, Kathy (Ray) Worley, Tony (Rena) Craver, Brad (Rose) Craver, Chad (Diannah) Craver, Stacey (Jason) Rhodebeck and Greg (Erin) Sandfoss; also survived by 35 great-grandchildren.

Services were Aug. 21 at Craver-Riggs Funeral Home and Crematory, Milford. Mass of Christian Burial is at 10:30 a.m. Friday, Aug. 22, at St. Philomena, Stonelick Township. Memorials to: St. Philomena Church, P.O. Box 85, Owensville, OH 45160 (for an outside reading/meditation bench) or to Hospice of Cincinnati, P.O. Box 633597, Cincinnati 45263-3597. Condolences at www.craver-riggs.com.

1 comment:

John Green said...

I saw the article about Mrs Carver passing. I believe she was my 3rd grade teacher at Owensville Elementary. The year was 1964 +/-. I seem to recall she had dark brown hair, and she was very tolerant of my ways. My family left the area and I spent many years growing up on the Mississippi Gulf Coast. After college I eventually became a Navy Pilot; retiring after 20 years, than another 20+ working on the oil rigs in the Gulf of Mexico. Yet still remember Mrs Carver. If by chance my travels take me to Stonelick Township again I want to attend Mass at St Philomena.
God Bless.
John Green
Green Cove Springs Florida
jwgreenos@yahoo.com
205-492=1950